Watch this clip from the TV show, Seinfeld. See if you can hear crime words during the clip. Try to copy the actors’ words and practice your pronunciation. Write a summary of the clip to practice writing and grammar.
In the time of Jesus Samaritans and Jews were enemies.
They were in deep conflict.
Therefore, it is unexpected for the people around Jesus opens the main meaning of the law “Love your neighbor as yourself!”
The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25) On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26) “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27) He answered: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'”
28) “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29) But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30) In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31) A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32) So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33) But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34) He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. 35) The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36) “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37) The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
Thanks so much for sharing this information with us. Thanks also for posting the video as well.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.