Follow the instructions that I gave you in class an type your composition on GoogleDocs.
Don’t forget to save the mp3 file and send me the link. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can save the mp3 file and leave the link as a comment on the blog.
On this webpage, you will find a list of grammar quizzes. Please choose the following quizzes to help you review the grammar points we have studied in May. On the website, if you click “notes”, you can read an explanation as well.
1. Choose #3 – Adjectives with -ed and -ing
2. Choose #27 – be used to
3. Choose #76 – Embedded questions
4. Choose #90 and #91 – First Conditional
5. Choose #277 and #288 – Second Conditional
6. Choose #319 – Suffixes
7. Choose #328 – Third Conditional
8. Choose #340 – used to
9. Choose #360 and #361 – Zero Conditional
Rick Hansen goes bungee jumping with Canadian comedian, Rick Mercer.
- Double homicide under investigation at Burnaby restaurant (cbc.ca)
- Double homicide in Burnaby sushi restaurant shocks community (theprovince.com)
- Burnaby restaurant owner, woman, gunned down inside business (with video) (vancouversun.com)
- Double Homicide suspect shot (cbc.ca
- Global TV reports on armed suspect>
Watch this video about sentence stress. Remember to stress the content words and reduce the function words.
- Climbers Crowd Mount Everest Despite Deadly Week (voanews.com)
- Canadian woman’s body recovered on Mount Everest by sherpas (news.nationalpost.com)
- ‘Traffic jam’ of climbers on Mount Everest being blamed for Canadian woman’s death (news.nationalpost.com)
- Mount Everest descent claims Canadian woman, 2 others (cbc.ca)